Chicago Lawyer – Tom Plouff
You are here because you need help. Tom Plouff’s work is his passion: he helps obtain financial independence for those who suffer catastrophic injuries. He tells his daughters to find what they have a passion for, and they will never work a day in their lives. He is grateful to work as a Chicago lawyer, a trial attorney at heart
With years of experience and intimate knowledge of the laws, Tom Plouff is a Chicago Lawyer. We at Plouff Law offer intelligent, reasonable and meaningful legal services to a vast range of clients. With a strong and powerful Chicago lawyer footprint, Tom Plouff strives to offer the best advice to persons seriously injured by the negligence of others.
The field of law requires very meticulous practice, good presence of mind, skills and experience. We understand the need for an experienced Chicago Lawyer to tackle every confusing and complicated situation. Tom Plouff handles personal injury accident cases, FELA railroad lawsuits, vehicle accident and wrongful death actions. Also, we put cases together, which is a craft. We have taken to trial many cases involving serious personal injury and death, medical malpractice, product liability and negligence cases.
Chicago Lawyer Tom Plouff has a proven track record. Personal injury cases in which negligent actors are held responsible for their actions helps make our community a safer place to live and work. As a Chicago lawyer, Tom Plouff has served many clients. Plouff stays current on the law to help sort out what can be complex legal matters.
With years of proven experience, Chicago Lawyer Tom Plouff fights for justice for the clients we serve. Tom Plouff stands by you during the toughest of times. If you have suffered the pain of losing your loved one due to reckless actions of somebody else, Tom Plouff can help you.
Tom Plouff has earned his reputation as a Chicago Lawyer who wins tough cases, and virtually all cases in today’s “frivoulous lawsuit” climate are tough to win. With a competitive spirit fueled by hard work and a belief in the causes for which he fights, we have a record of success. Plouff is passionate and enthusiastic about his work. Tom Plouff also makes himself available to law firms that seek a veteran Chicago lawyer to try their catastrophic personal injury and death cases.
- Medical malpractice is a legal term that defines a medical professional’s failure to provide care to a patient that is in accordance with accepted medical standards. Medical malpractice may range from a simple mistake to intentional wrongdoing and may cause serious injury to a patient or even wrongful death in some cases. One of the most common medical malpractice involves medication errors, such as the wrong medicine or wrong dosage amount administered or prescribed. Additional common forms of malpractice include: birth injuries, surgical injuries, misdiagnosis, and emergency room errors.
Birth InjuriesBirth injuries can be complex and are somtimes not detected for months or even years after. A birth injury with legal implications must be a birth injury resulting from a medical mistake caused by a medical provider. In the United States, anestheisia-related birth complications are a leading cause of pregnancy related deaths.
A birth injury to a child can lead to large medical costs, potentially altered lifestyles and emotional hardship for families. It is important to work with an attorney with experience in Birth Injuries. Learn More about your Chicago Birth Injury Lawsuit options.
Medication ErrorsMedication errors are not just limited to overdosing patients on their prescribed medications. Many errors also occur in the administration of the wrong medications, failure to give the appropriate dose of the ordered medicines on time, improper calculations of a correctly ordered dose of medicine or failing to order the proper medicines under the circumstances. Fortunately, many medication errors do not result in any long term harm to the patient. However, several of these errors can lead to immediate injury and even death.
Types of Medication Errors:
- Negligently prescribing the wrong medication
- Illegibly writing the prescription so that the wrong medication is given
- The wrong dosage or strength of drugs
- Prescribing a polypharmacy regimen of multiple medications that dangerously interact with one another
- Misuse of Tussionex Prescription Cough Medicine
- Overdoses of Cough and Cold Products in Children
- Acetaminophen overdoses
- Misuse of Fentanyl Patches
- Overdoses with Methadone
- Mix-ups and confusion of Edetate Disodium and Edetate Calcium Disodium medications as both are sometimes written “EDTA”
- Prescribing a polypharmacy regimen of multiple medications that dangerously interact with one another
- Mislabeling and labeling confusion mix-ups between medications
- Any medication error due to negligence.
Nursing Home Abuse and NeglectVulnerable elderly dependent adults that need care in a nursing home or from a caregiver can suffer from abuse or neglect. At Plouff Law, we advocate for the rights of the elderly and will take action to protect your relative from further harm, neglect, abuse or other illegal acts.
Areas of Elder Abuse Legal Expertise:
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Physical Elder Abuse
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Lack of Proper Care
- Malnutrition and Dehydration
- Unaddressed Infections or Sepsis
- Violation of Resident’s Rights
If you or a loved one has been the victim of Elderly Abuse, please Contact Plouff Law to discuss your case options.
- In 2009, the National Center for Health Statistics reported over 28 million non-fatal personal injuries in the United States. That’s an average injury rate of nearly one in ten among Americans of every age, gender and background.
Personal Injury Is More than Just Physical Harm
Most people understand that personal injury accidents are accidents that cause physical harm. What many people don’t consider is that personal injury accidents frequently have non-physical considerations as well. Emotional suffering caused by pain, fear and loss of function can have a lasting impact on the victim’s quality of life. Years of physical and/or emotional therapy can require large amounts of time and expenses. It’s important to consider all of your options when pursuing a Serious Personal Injury lawsuit. An attorney with decades of case experience and attention to detail is absolutely vital to your case.
Serious Personal Injury Areas of Practice:
Amputation InjuriesThe finality of amputation, that the amputee has lost a part of their body that will be gone forever, never to be seen or felt again, is something that a jury should be able to appreciate instinctively. As part of the recovery in a case, the jury will have to be educated as to the cost of future prosthetic care. In order to do this a life care planner will typically project into the future what the cost of the prosthetics will be and this can run into the millions of dollars. So even though jurors nowadays are reluctant to award millions of dollars, they will if you give them a good reason to. Contact our offices for a free consultation on your Amputation Personal Injury Lawsuit
Brain InjuriesThe cost of treating brain injuries can be enormous, especially if you require specialized medical care for the rest of your life. You owe it to yourself to hire a Brain Injury Attorney who can get you the highest amount of victim compensation for your injuries.
Common causes of head injury include traffic accidents, work accidents, recreational accidents, falls, accidents in the home and industrial accidents. Some head injuries result in prolonged or non-reversible brain damage. This can occur as a result of bleeding inside the brain or high shearing forces that damage the nerve cells of the brain. It may even happen because of an infection to the brain caused by blunt trauma (subdural empyema).
Brain injury cases are very complex and require detailed preparation including medical examination, scientific testing and expert testimony. If you or a loved one has sustained a Brain injury, contact Plouff Law to discuss your case options.
Slip and Fall CasesSlip and fall liability is defined as a failure of the owner or operator of a property – the building and the land on which it sits – to protect visitors against injury due to negligently maintained premises and dangerous conditions on property. Visitors can be anyone including apartment tenants and guests, customers in retail stores or service vendors tending to the building’s business. Municipalities are subject to the law as well, which covers all public sidewalks, parks, parking facilities and government-owned buildings.
If you have sustained a serious personal injury as a direct result of a Slip and Fall, contact Tom Plouff for a assistance with your case. Slip and falls can be tough cases but they also can result in substantial settlements and verdicts.
Have You Been in an Injury Accident in Cook County, Chicago, or DuPage County? Plouff Law Can Help! Contact Tom Plouff to discuss your case without delay.
- Manufacturers, distributors and retailers are responsible for the safety of the products they sell to consumers. When products prove unsafe or when they injure consumers, those responsible can be sued for product liability. Whether a product is unsafe because of bad product design, defective materials, a manufacturing mistake, failure to provide accurate instructions or failure to provide adequate warnings, Plouff Law has the experience and ability to investigate, find the defects and litigate the product liability case.
Product Liability Lawsuit Areas of Specialty:
Made In China CasesWith the influx of questionable products from Chinese manufacturers, the difficulty and complexity of products liability lawsuits has grown. Merely finding and serving papers upon the Chinese manufacturer of a product purchased at Wal-Mart is quite difficult. That’s just one of the many reasons it is crucial to select a product liability lawyer who is experienced in all aspects of Chinese-made product liability litigation.
Table Saw LawsuitsTable saws have long been known as one of the most dangerous tools to work with. In fact, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, there are nearly 40,000 blade injuries every year. Nearly 4000 of these injuries involved amputation. The economic cost of these injuries amounts to more than $2.3 billion annually.
Plouff Law represents people throughout Chicagoland that have been injured due to defective table saws. If you or someone you know has suffered an amputation or other severe injury because of a table saw, you have important legal rights. It is important to hire an attorney that has experience with Table Saw Product Liability cases.
PLOUFF LAW OFFICES, P.C.